July 29, 2011

Moving Through Transition

Life as you know it is over.  The thought hit me like a ton of bricks.  I felt sick to my stomach. 

A career opportunity presented itself and my husband accepted a position in Chicago.  While I never imagined leaving Maryland for the Windy City, I embraced the idea.  I looked forward to the new beginning and anticipated having the opportunity to pursue some of my own personal goals.  Moreover, I knew that God was in control and had great things in store for us.  I could not turn my resignation letter in fast enough! 

However, after the last box was unpacked and the dust settled, I found myself depressed.  All of my support systems were gone.  I was in a new city.  I no longer had my family and friends.  I no longer had my job.  Plus, the weather was terrible – I could not wrap my mind around how cold it was – even the sunshine was gone. 
Lord Jesus, I gave up my job!  

I lost my sense of self.  Who am I supposed to be now?

Check out the rest of my article entitled "Moving Through Transition" in the premier issue of Kingdom Voices Magazine, an online Christian lifestyle magazine, under the inspiration section!  Be sure to leave a comment.    

http://www.kingdomvoicesmag.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment